Greater Manchester Combined Authority is doing a Crime Survey. Tell them about your experiences of crime HERE.
Levenshulme Community Association and Levenshulme Traders Association have jointly called for the current Active Neighbourhood consultation to be extended. There are multiple problems with the way the consultation is being run. We believe these problems must be corrected and then the consultation should be extended to allow proper community engagement.
The letter and concerns are reproduced below and have been sent on 11 January 2022 to: Levenshulme councillors (Zahid Hussain, Dzidra Noor and Basat Sheikh); Burnage councillors (Azra Ali, Ben Clay and Bev Craig who is also Manchester City Council Leader); Manchester City Council Executive member Tracey Rawlins; Andy Burnham (Greater Manchester Mayor); and local MPs Afzal Khan and Jeff Smith. Copied to the Levenshulme and Burnage Active Neighbourhood Project Team.Continue reading
- Information released 17 December 2021
- Updated with Grangethorpe Drive plan 14 January 2022
- NEW DEADLINE for consultation 30 January 2022 (announced 14 January)
Manchester City Council has released the final plans for the Levenshulme and Burnage Active Neighbourhood today. A consultation is now open for the next six weeks.
The overview map is below. An interactive version that you can zoom in on is available HERE.
Scroll down to see ALL information published by the the council.
How can you comment on these proposals?
- 13 January 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- 20 January 6.30pm to 7.30pm
If you would like to attend one of these events please email the council’s Project Team at email@example.com to register your interest. You will be sent details on how to join.Continue reading
Greater Manchester Combined Authority has partnered with the Big Clean Switch energy comparison site to encourage switching to clean energy. This includes a £35 credit when you switch to one of the participating suppliers.
“Greater Manchester Combined Authority is committed to making the city a clean energy leader. We face major environmental challenges that threaten the health and prosperity of our region. Greater Manchester is taking action with the 5-Year Environment Plan, to be launched at the Green Summit. The plan sets out our long-term environmental vision – to be carbon neutral by 2038 – and the urgent actions we all need to take in the next 5 years to help achieve this.”BIG CLEAN switch website
Andy Burnham (Greater Manchester Mayor) was promoting the scheme on BBC Radio Manchester today (23 September 2021). However, caution is advised as one of the suppliers used by the Big Clean Switch site – Bulb Energy – is currently in crisis talks with the government with reports that it has or will go bust very soon.
The Big Clean Switch website for this offer is available HERE
Please Note: Energy supplies in the UK are currently in a chaotic state with suppliers going bust and extreme volatility in the market. The LCA is sharing this for information only and this does not constitute advice or a recommendation in any way.
Greater Manchester Combined Authority says:
Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is working with Big Clean Switch to offer residents £35 of free energy when they switch to a green tariff from some of the UK’s most trusted suppliers.
With many households across Greater Manchester facing rising bills due to more time spent at home, the scheme helps residents switch to low cost, high quality green energy tariffs.
Switching is simple:
- Find a recent bill from your current supplier and fill your details in on the form (link opens in new tab).
- You’ll be able to compare your current energy bill with how much you’ll spend with each of Big Clean Switch’s green suppliers*. Suppliers who are offering the £35 free energy with an account credit will show in the supplier list. If you choose a supplier that isn’t taking part, GMCA will receive £35 to help fund local environmental projects.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred deal, just add in a few details to get your new energy account set up. Your £35 of free energy will be added to your new account within six weeks of the switch going live.
For more information on the scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Big Clean Switch on 0800 249 4770.