Everyone in England will be able to access free, regular, rapid coronavirus testing from 9 April, the Government has announced.
- Everyone in England, including those without symptoms, will be able to take a free rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) test twice a week
- Alongside vaccine rollout, regular testing is at the heart of plans to reopen society and the economy, helping to suppress and control the spread of variants
- Updates will be made to the NHS COVID-19 app in England to coincide with the universal testing offer
Further information available HERE
A new test and trace system has been introduced in England (versions of this have been or are soon to be introduced across the UK).
The NHS test and trace service:
- ensures that anyone who develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) can quickly be tested to find out if they have the virus, and also includes targeted asymptomatic testing of NHS and social care staff and care home residents
- helps trace close recent contacts of anyone who tests positive for coronavirus and, if necessary, notifies them that they must self-isolate at home to help stop the spread of the virus
Please click HERE to find out about the government guidance.
If you show any symptoms of being infected with Covid19 you can get a test HERE.
Please note the NHS app that is being developed is not ready and has not yet been launched outside the trials being done.