Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said today, “Now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel“.
Here are some key points from the press conference this afternoon (Monday 16 March 2020):
- Anyone who lives with someone who has a cough or a temperature should stay at home for 14 days
- People should start working from home where they possibly can
- Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues
- Only use the NHS when we really need to
- From tomorrow government will no longer be “supporting” mass gatherings using emergency workers