The LCA AGM this afternoon included elections with the following results:
- Peter Naughton (Chair)
- Jeremy Hoad (Secretary)
- Malcolm Cowen (Treasurer)
Core Group Members
- Matthew Ball
- Karen Broady
- Lawrence Hennigan
- Mark Lake
- John Roby Brown
Sir Gerald Kaufman MP (LCA Honorary President) was generous in his praise of Levenshulme’s diversity, initiative and identity as a fantastic place to live and work. He was particularly impressed with the strength of the LCA and the many other community groups across Levenshulme. He stressed the importance of having active and engaged residents that form the basis of a cohesive and mutually supportive community.
The meeting identified key areas for the work of the LCA over the coming year including:
- finding a future for the Levenshulme Library building;
- increasing community engagement;
- ensuring active community involvement in the development of the new Arcadia Leisure Centre;
- sharing information both online and through distributed means to reach as many people as possible;
- building on the larger LCA membership of the past year;
- providing more events such as the very successful LCA Community Forum meetings;
- providing information on community funding opportunities and sources;
- enabling and supporting greater involvement in the LCA from currently less represented groups in line with LCA key aims of inclusiveness;
- exploring how to improve access at Levenshulme Station;
- strengthening, developing and promoting Levenshulme as a great place to live, work and play.
LCA Officers and the Core Group will develop these ideas into firm proposals and practical priorities for 2015-16.
We are grateful to the support and hard work of the many groups that we collaborate with in Levenshulme and look forward to another positive and productive year for the benefit of all Levenshulme residents.